Prep Time: 15 Minutes Baking Time: 18 Minutes
Yield: 18 Muffins Tools: 18 count muffin pan, muffin papers
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons-full of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of creamy peanut butter (or chunky if you prefer a crunch)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened (but not melted)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ a cup of milk
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks, whichever you prefer)
Preheat to 375 degrees F. Line muffin cups with paper muffin holders.
Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl.
Beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Add eggs and milk to large mixing bowl, beat until smooth.
Add flour mixture contents to peanut butter mixture, beat until blended.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling only ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out nearly dry.
Cool pan of muffins on a wire rack for 5 minutes. After, remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely.